I wrote this guide because I care about harm reduction for drugs.
I think it sucks that people unnecessarily die from consuming drugs that aren't what they say they are.
This is for people that are going to consume substances. I want these people to have access to the safest substances possible. Street drugs are of much lower average safety than drugs ordered from reputable dark net market vendors.
If you do drugs, please be safe and order them from reputable vendors, so that you know what you are taking and don't risk your health.
Lead time required: Up to 2 weeks. Don’t leave until the last minute.
Note, the beware of the URLs in this guide. Check them against the URLs listed in the sidebar here.
Step 1: Get set up with TOR
- Download and install the TOR browser
- Follow the instructions on the download page
- On a Mac, this means clicking the download button, then clicking "keep" in Chrome, then opening the .dmg file, then in the little window that shows up dragging the onion icon into the Downloads folder, then closing that little window, then going into your "Applications" folder, and then double clicking to open TorBrowser
- Once you've installed, open up the TOR browser and look at the little onion icon near the top left. Click it, then click Privacy and Security Settings then make sure all 4 boxes are checked, and change the slider to High.
Step 2: Get an AlphaBay (dark net market) account
- Paste this link into the TOR browser’s URL bar
- Click on Register
- Fill in all the User Information fields and enter the Security Code
- Leave the profile information and key information blank.
- Make your username something you’ve never used elsewhere. And make your password secure. “Login phrase” is a phrase you write that “AlphaBay” will show you when you log in, so that you know you’re signing in on the real AlphaBay, and not a fake AlphaBay site designed to steal your login.
- Save your password and PIN code in a secure location. And just to be safe, it might be a good idea to not save it as “alphabay site password” — instead just use some code word that you’ll remember, like “XYZ site password.”
- (For this reason, only ever use the AlphaBay links from this guide, because some people make fake copies of the AlphaBay site just designed to steal your password so they can steal any bitcoin you have)
Step 3: Choose which safe drug you're going to buy, and how much money you'll need
- Choose what you want to buy
- Open this url in the tor browser http://pwoah7foa6au2pul.onion/
- (You may have to enter in an anti DDoS security code when you visit, that’s fine)
- Once you’ve logged in, click on the section that you want to buy, and keep clicking until you get to the right subsection (e.g. Drugs → Ecstasy → MDMA)
- Scroll down to the search options, and change origin country to 'United States' and Ships to to 'United States' (assuming you live in the US, otherwise swap out for your country)
- Change vendor trust level to: Level 3 to Level 10
- Click search
- Click a product that you like, and make sure you check the reviews. (Click on the product, then click on feedback)
- Don’t try and order more than personal quantities. And never order from a listing that doesn’t have it’s origin country as ‘United States'
- As an example for MDMA, sinmed 'MDMA 84% PURE FIRE’ looks like a good listing.
- Take note of how much the product costs for the quantity that you want. In this case with sinmed, it’s $42 + $7 shipping, so a total of $49.
- Our next step is to buy the bitcoin
Step 4: Buy the bitcoin (takes a few days)
- Purchase and transfer bitcoin
- Sign up for an account on Coinbase.com (http://coinbase.com/)
- Do this on your regular browser, not on the tor browser
- Enter your real info, and link up your bank account so you can buy bitcoin (we will obfuscate the source of the bitcoin later on)
- Make a purchase of ‘your total item price including shipping’*1.15, because of the tumblr and market fees, and for BTC price fluctuations
- Wait the 3-5 days or however long Coinbase takes.
Step 5: Transfer bitcoin to AlphaBay
- Set up an electrum wallet
- Download electrum https://electrum.org/#download
- Follow this guide to setup Electrum: http://bitzuma.com/posts/a-beginners-guide-to-the-electrum-bitcoin-wallet/
- Follow it up to and not including the point where it says ‘receive a payment.’
- Transfer bitcoin from Coinbase to Electrum
- Click the ‘Receive’ tab.
- Click the ‘copy to clipboard’ button on the address (looks like a little blue clipboard)
- Go to Coinbase
- Click ‘Send/Request'
- Paste the bitcoin address that you just copied as the recipient
- For amount, enter the total amount of BTC you have
- Click send
- Wait 1-2 hrs for the transaction to complete
- Go to AlphaBay
- Click your current balance in the top right, it will link you to the place where you can deposit money
- Copy the address in the middle of the screen (don’t copy and save this address, you need to use whatever one shows up at the time, because every 7 days they change it) 
- Transfer the bitcoin from Electrum to AlphaBay
- Go to the bitcoin tumblr Helix, at this url: http://grams7enufi7jmdl.onion/helix/light (again, in the TOR browser)
- It has a prompt that says ‘enter the BTC address'
- Copy and paste the address you copied from AlphaBay in the previous step, aka , and click 'let’s go'
- Now you’ll be on a new page. Do not click ‘send multiple transactions.’ You can click ‘add random delay,’ though it’ll make it take a little bit longer. Up to you.
- Scroll back up, and highlight and copy the ‘Helix Address’ in the blue part of the page 
- Also, separately copy the URL of the page you are currently on (something like http://grams7enufi7jmdl.onion/helix/light/status/'random string of numbers and letters’) 
- Open up Electrum
- Click the ‘Send’ tab in Electrum
- Paste the address that you copied in  above
- For the amount, put the full amount you have listed in your balance down in the bottom left (assuming the $49 product example in this guide, it would be about 127 or so)
- Leave the description blank
- Hit send
- Wait for 1-2 hrs (or longer if you added random delay)
- Refresh your balance page on AlphaBay. Once it shows the correct full amount (when it’s nearing completion, it will often show part of the amount, because we said ‘send multiple transactions’), then go back to the Helix status page URL copied in 
- The helix page should say completed, and there will be a button we can click to delete the page. Click that button.
Step 6: Buy the product
Buy the product
- Go to the product you wanted that you checked has good reviews
- Click buy now
Enter your name and delivery address in the notes field, and check “Encrypt notes using the seller’s PGP box”. (Alternatively, you can encrypt your address separately, personally I recommend it -- use https://www.igolder.com/pgp/encryption/)
Suggestion: go here https://tools.usps.com/go/ZipLookupAction_input and enter your address and copy it out, with your full real name at the top
City, ST 00000-0000
Also, make sure the address you’re using is one you frequently deliver packages to. Do not deliver a package to a friends house with your name. If you don’t have a solid place of residence, ask one of the individuals who will be enjoying the package with you if they can receive it (and make sure to share them on the end part of this guide). If you've just moved to a new place, wait a few weeks before ordering.
- Click confirm purchase
- Now wait! You can refresh your order status page on AlphaBay to see when the seller has marked as shipped.
Step 7: Receive the product
- Receiving your item
- Read this so you understand how to stay safe in case of a controlled delivery (if you followed the guide correctly, are ordering personal quantities to the US from a US vendor, your chances are very close to zero, but you should always be aware in either case). https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarketsNoobs/wiki/controlleddeliverycaftu
- If you want to be extra safe, once you receive the item, put it inside next to a trash can or something, and then wait 24 hours before opening. This way if it was a delayed controlled delivery, you have extra plausible deniability.
- Once you’ve received, go back to AlphaBay, click your ‘orders’ and then click on ‘Finalize.’ You can also then leave a review (don’t include any identifying information in the review obviously, but if it was fast shipping, say so!)
- Only order one package at a time. Don't order something else until the previous package has shown up successfully.
Update Sep 21 2016:
Note that it's not about ordering from the US, it's about ordering from your own local country
Change TOR browser security to high
Update Sep 20 2016:
Update Sep 12 2016:
Detailed how to install TOR browser
Added USPS address tool
A few other minor new notes, like only ordering one package at a time
Update Aug 29 2016:
No longer recommend 'send multiple transactions' option on Helix, because some of the transactions can be less than AlphaBay's 0.01BTC minimum which results in part of the payment getting lost.
Added into to PGP encryption of addresses